Get your video copy and pdf slides of this FREE Webinar
(Scroll down to request your copy.)
Everyone operating in the Federal arena knows about uncertainty generated by budget cuts, looming sequestration, the Federal Strategic Sourcing Initiative (FSSI), and the growing use of reverse auctions. Some things are certain: Lowest Price Technically Acceptable (LPTA) evaluation factors are likely to become increasingly more popular, and winning in the cost volume has become the name of the game.
To thrive in this difficult environment, you have to master tree most important characteristics of a great cost proposal:
- The right price
- A persuasive supporting narrative that establishes price credibility while implicitly raising the bar for your competition; and
- Consistency between price, your pricing story, and your offer in the technical volume
Quite a few companies are not practiced in distinguishing themselves in the cost volume. Sadly, many proposal and capture managers leave their win probability at the mercy of others who develop the cost volumes.
Strategic errors include:
- Failure to help the cost team who repetitively uses tired boilerplate instead of writing persuasive cost volume narratives;
- Disengagement from pricing – even though price is often the most important part of the offer; and
- Insufficient coordination and integration between technical and cost volumes.
OST is offering this free interactive one-hour webinar to enhance proposal professionals’ and company executives’ capacity to grow their Government contracting companies. The webinar stands alone—and previews—our Developing a Winning Cost Volume course from our Bid & Proposal Academy. Drawing from the course’s curriculum, the webinar will highlight several topics:
- Roadmap to winning in cost volumes
- The reasons to avoid boilerplate narrative
- Content essential in a winning cost volume
- Tips for writing a persuasive Cost Volume Executive Summary
- Specific techniques a capture or a proposal manager can use to help tweak the solution to drive the costs down
- Examples of steps a proposal or capture manager can take to help its cost team while
- improving price optics and reducing company risk
You will be able to ask questions during this live webinar, so other topics may be addressed.
Olessia Smotrova-Taylor, CF.APMP Fellow, president and CEO of OST Global Solutions, Inc., has more than 20 years of experience in business development, communications, and marketing, including more than 15 years in contract capture and proposal management. She led winning bids for four out of five top Government contractors, winning more than $20 billion over the course of her career. She is the author of the book How to Get Government Contracts: Have a Slice of $1 Trillion Pie. She also consults and teaches others how to get contracts with the Government and large commercial organizations, as well as developing processes, tools, and Bid & Proposal Academy courses that enhance business developers’ abilities to win business. She has taught a graduate course at the Stevens Institute of Technology, and provided training to Treasury and NASA. She has served for two years as the President of the National Contracts Management Association (NCMA) Bethesda/Medical Chapter, and for 2 years as the President of the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) National Capital Area Chapter. She is recognized as an APMP Fellow for her contributions to the field of capture and proposals – the highest honor in the business development profession. Prior to supporting hundreds of Fortune 500 companies and small businesses as a proposal consultant and growing OST, she worked as a business developer for Raytheon and Lockheed Martin, and wrote for the Financial Times of London.
This video download is available only for a limited time