In every company’s life, there is a point at which it will seek rigor. Rigor means doing things efficiently, effectively to predictably generate success. Rigor is a focus on process for the long haul, the work of a professional business developer.
Average proposal personnel may produce great work and win occasionally. They are akin to an amateur cook: they leave a messy kitchen, they stress, they take a while, and most of the time produce an average home-cooked meal – while occasionally surprising with something delicious (a win). Professional chefs, however, don’t come across as stressed, hassled, or even busy. But their meals are worth truly enjoying every day (their win rates are consistently high). Same with task order proposals. Sure, many companies may win an occasional task order or two, but embracing rigor in an IDIQ environment means creating a machine for winning multiple task orders and dominating your indefinite delivery vehicle.
Infusing professionalism into creating your own IDIQ Center of Excellence is key to success.
Following a diagnostic Business Development Maturity Assessment, we will help you establish the pillars of maturity, that include Training, Process, Resource Library, Strategy, and Technology:
- Training: Speed is the name of the game in Task Order responses. Your staff must be proficient in efficient brainstorming, speed writing, graphics conceptualization, professional proposal editing, desktop publishing, and other core skills to produce well-written proposals. Key to preventing burnout from doing rapid-fire Task Order responses is rotation: proposal managers can serve in capture management capacity with slower pace of work to recover, or contribute as a writer instead of running the team.Cross-trained proposal professionals who understand more disciplines in the lifecycle of business development will also help improve your proposal quality. Capture-trained proposal managers improve their ability to win proposals, and proposal-trained capture managers run better capture efforts. Therefore, cross-training in foundations and advanced capture and win themes development may be useful for higher retention and win rates. Business Development for Project Personnel is a key course to turn your entire project’s workforce into a salesforce – serving as valuable sources for new Task Order information, capture, recruitment, teaming, and proposal development.
- Process: We will enable you with a workflow that spells out every step of business development process, a Process Book (encapsulating your standard operating procedures for business development, capture, and proposals), and a toolset for rapid proposal preparation. We will also train and/or mentor your team in process implementation.
- Resource Library: We will guide you and help you set up the library of resources you can reuse in proposal preparation. Reusable materials such as proposal graphics, model sections and solution brainstorming checklists, past performance library, and other information, easily accessible to the proposal team, helps speed up the process and create a baseline of proposal development excellence.
- Strategy: Strategy to winning each vehicle is individual to that IDIQ’s “personality” – each is different. We will work with you on developing and capturing your win strategy for a particular vehicle in a customized Task Order Manual, and equip you with the tools in improving your win rate.
- Technology: We will help you set up the right toolset for your proposal center, to ensure you benefit from collaboration, communication, and enabling software that helps develop rapid turnaround proposals.
Ready to Win More Government Contracts?
Schedule a FREE 45-minute Business Development Consultation with one of our experts or call 301-384-3350. We’ll discuss actionable ways you can grow in the Federal market and tell you exactly how we can help you reach your goals.