How Do I Determine if a Veteran is Eligible?
Veterans may be eligible under any of the following programs:
- Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill
- Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Services
- Chapter 33: Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 35: Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance
- Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve Program
How Do Veterans Can Get Paid for the Training?
The OST Apprenticeship tuition fee is $9,500. With the VA reimbursements, the costs will be covered in full or partially during the course of the program. In addition, Apprentices earn salary increases through the program. There are 2 ways to pay for tuition:
- Employer pays for the tuition, and receives reimbursement from the Veteran.
- Veteran pays for the tuition, and receives reimbursement each month from the VA.
The VA issues payments to the Veteran each month after receiving a report on their hours. The VA reimburses Veterans at a rate of 100% for the first 6 months of the program, and then at a rate of 80% for the second six months, at the point when the Veteran’s salary increases.
5 Simple Steps – In Summary
- Veteran provides OST with a VA Certificate of Eligibility for educational benefits.
- Veteran and Employer coordinate to complete Training Agreements and VA Enrollment Certification with OST.
- OST provides the Veteran access to the online platform to start the Apprenticeship training.
- OST generates reports to the VA for the Veteran’s monthly reimbursement.
- With the successful completion of the program, the Veteran becomes a Government Business Development Specialist.